Customize Visual Studio .NET Web Setup Projects

Will Asrari

I am creating a web setup project in Visual Studio .NET 2003 and have
completed this task successfully. As of now the client who will be
receiving this setup package will get the MSI along with a SQL build
script. How it works now is that the user will edit the web.config
(manually, after installation) and then manually logon to the SQL server
(from Query Analyzer) and run the SQL build script.

Is there a way to create a custom setup or package an exe as a Custom
Action that will prompt the user for the server name, login, password,
and then run the build script?

Let's say that I have an application (Windows Form) that prompts the
user for server name, login, password, etc. Is there a way to have this
program launch after the installer finishes installing the web
application?

I have also noticed that you can add custom dialogs to the installation
process. There is an option to add a form with textboxes. From here I
created a form that asks for the SQL Server information but am not able
to do anything with the input. How can I use this information to my
advantage?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

- will