Data Grid Performance

thomson

Hi All,
We all know the flexibility given by the datagrid, in asp.net.

But i want to know one thing Is there any performance issues using the
datagrid,
In Asp. we used tables to manipulate a grid like structure, and it was
bit tedious, Datagrid programming was extremely easy when compared to
the tables.

That is an advantage, But is there any performance issues, when
considering all the alternatives

Guest

Hi Thomson,

as you said in asp we used do with table and related tags to generate grid
like structure.

In ASP.NET also the same thing is happening, instead of our own
code...datagrid is doing the same work.

Performance wise...data grid is having lower performance then data list
contro. And datalist is having lower performance then datarepeater control.

Soon I'll give you an excellent article on this topic to you.

Cheers,

Jerome. M

thomson

Hi Jerome,
Thank You Very Much for the Link which you have provided
Thanks and regards

thomson