    thank you
    with regards

    osp

    osp, May 25, 2006

  2. osp

    utab Guest

    Start with Deitel "C++ How to program" with examples to better
    understand.

    I do not know any other, actually this gives a slightly light intro I
    guess,

    You can also check Schaums "Data Structures with C++" if you want many
    more examples

    Regards

    utab, May 25, 2006

  3. osp

    mlimber Guest

    It depends. Do you want to learn how to create a stack, queue, linked
    list, tree, etc.? Or do you want to know how to use the standard data
    structures included in the C++ standard library?

    If the former, I used _Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented
    Programming_ by Heileman for C++ data structures, though I don't think
    it's necessarily the best. Try consulting the ACCU book reviews on the
    subject
    (http://accu.org/index.php/book_revi...es&XARAYASID=c6f62261e982c1818215a7b7e1f9f924).

    If the latter, get _Accelerated C++_ by Koenig and Moo to learn from
    the ground up the right way, and _The C++ Standard Library - A Tutorial
    and Reference_ by Josuttis for the definitive reference and a less
    beginner-oriented tutorial.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, May 25, 2006
  4. osp

    mlimber Guest

    The ACCU does not like this book at all
    (http://accu.org/index.php/book_reviews?url=view.xqy?review=cp003204).
    In fact, their review says, "Do not buy this book, and if someone tries
    to give you a copy decline, politely, then firmly. You will learn here
    not so much what to do, as you will learn practices that you will spend
    double the time learning to undo."

    Stick with _Accelerated C++_.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, May 25, 2006