DataGrid & Checkbox Template Columns

I've got a simple datagrid that is populated by an adapter from SQL. I
have two template columns - one with a checkbox and one with a textbox.
I am allowing users to indicate which rows to remove from the grid by
checking the boxes - the boxes don't autopostback, i want to remove all
selected rows at once on page postback - my problem is:

I can find now way of iterating through the datagrid rows to check
whether each checkbox in the template column is checked or not!! Does
anyone know of a way to do this?

Elton Wang

foreach (DataGridItem item in datagrid.Items)
{
CheckBox chk = item.FindControl(CheckBox_ID) as CheckBox;
bool checked = chk.Checked;
// ...
}

HTH

Elton Wang

If it's in template column, it should look like

<asp:TextBox Runat="server" ID="txt"></asp:TextBox>

You can get the textbox by

(TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("txt")

But if you use BoundColumn for in-place editing, you should use

(TextBox)e.Item.Cells[col_index]Controls[0]

HTH

Doru Roman

So it is not possible to determine the type of the control if you are not
sure what it is and what ID has, when using bound columns, isn't it?