Datagrid - foreign key values - replace ID with name

Bryon Brewer

Any suggestions on efficient method to replace ID values with the Text
value (from another table)? It's easy when you can put a join in
your SQL to get it, but in this case I have about 5 ID values to
replace and can't use a join.

What I've got now -- I retrieve data from DB into DataSet -- build the
relationships using DataRelation... I then create a DataTable with the
correspoding lookup values. When I build the datagrid, I show each
column from the dataset unless it has a lookup value. If it does, I
pull the column from the datatable I built.

Performance isn't a good as I'd like doing it this way.

Thanks,
Bryon