DBI query does not fetch all data

Henri Baeyens

Hello,

I'm using DBI and an ODBC driver to get data from an Access database. The
query is executed but only part of the data is fetched. I know that the
database contains over 1500 rows. My query returns only 28 rows.

use DBI;
use strict;
use warnings;

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:boutique', {RaiseError => 1} );
my $query;
my $table = "articles";
my @row_array;

$query = $dbh->prepare("SELECT * FROM $table");
$query->execute;

while (@row_array=$query->fetchrow_array) {
foreach my $item (@row_array){
if ($item eq ""){
print qq~ NULL |~;
} else {
print qq~ $item |~;
my $numrows = $query->rows;
print qq~Number of rows fetched: $numrows~;

etc...

There's also the fact that columns are not fetched in the same order as
they are in the source database, but that's a minor problem.

I can't figure it out. Anything I am missing?

www.henribaeyens.com

kappa

Hello,

I'm using DBI and an ODBC driver to get data from an Access database. The
query is executed but only part of the data is fetched. I know that the
database contains over 1500 rows. My query returns only 28 rows.

use DBI;
use strict;
use warnings;

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:boutique', {RaiseError => 1} );
my $query;
my $table = "articles";
my @row_array;

$query = $dbh->prepare("SELECT * FROM $table");
$query->execute;

while (@row_array=$query->fetchrow_array) {
   foreach my $item (@row_array){
      if ($item eq ""){
        print qq~ NULL |~;
      } else {
        print qq~ $item |~;
      }
   }}

my $numrows = $query->rows;
print qq~Number of rows fetched: $numrows~;

etc...

There's also the fact that columns are not fetched in the same order as
they are in the source database, but that's a minor problem.

I can't figure it out. Anything I am missing?

www.henribaeyens.com

try "select count(*) from table" to be sure!