debug="false" in web.config and <%@ debug="true" ...%> in aspx file => true or false?

André

Hi,

I put that question already, but it's still not very clear to me, so ...

Assume following option in web.config=
debug="false"

but in one aspx page (test.aspx)
<%@ debug="true" ..%>

Am I right with those statements:
1) 'page test.aspx will be debugged, but all others wil not' ?
2) With other words, the option in aspx file has priority on the same option
in web.config?
3) Omitting the option debug="false" in web.config means debug is on?
4) And finally, omitting option debug="false" in an aspx file has no
consequence?

Thanks
Cas

Tim_Mac

yes the page-level setting will override the application-level setting.
however if you have debug=false in your web.config, then VS won't be able to
debug the application interactively.

i don't know the answer to 3) and 4) below, but i'm sure it is in the docs
if you look it up.
tim

Kevin Jones

1) 'page test.aspx will be debugged, but all others wil not' ?

You will only get dbug output for that page, i.e. the compiler will save
the generated code file only for that page, and the pdb only for that
page (I believe). Although if you try to debug in VS2005, VS2005 will
ask you to add a debug=true to web.config
> 2) With other words, the option in aspx file has priority on the same option
> in web.config?

Sort of
> 3) Omitting the option debug="false" in web.config means debug is on?

No! Debugging is off by default. You have to turn it on explicitly.
> 4) And finally, omitting option debug="false" in an aspx file has no
> consequence?

Depends (see 1 and 2 above), but by default debugging is off. If you
don't set the debug option on the page then the one in web.config is read,

Kevin Jones

Cas

Thanks a lot