Debugger Question

Antoninus Twink

Dear group,

If/when my program crashes on a unix type OS, there is a core dump
written to disk that allows me to debug the problem *after* the
failing process has already terminated; I can even take the core
dump from the customer and analyze the problem on my developer
machine later.

One of our portable C programs crashes only when compiled for the
MS Windows operating system. We are using lcc-win32 for that.
In this environment, neither is there a core dump generated, nor
does the lcc-win32 debugger provide any facilities to read such a
thing.

How does one debug programs compiled with lcc-win32 post mortem?

Is there a general way, or is my problem platform specific?

Please help, I'm being under a lot of stress this time of the year.

Many thanks!

Interesting. I wonder whose sock puppet we're seeing this time -
Heathfield? Mackintyre? It's clearly a set-up to allow the usual
suspects to plough in later in the thread with their depressingly
familiar stream of invective and personal abuse against Jacob.

Antoninus Twink

Don't be ridiculous. It's all one way - Heathfield is an arrogant
egomaniac who picks at Jacob's posts day in day out. It is quite clear
to anyone without an agenda that Heathfield frequently misrepresents
Jacob's point sin order to appear superior. Jacob defending himself is
not having a "war with" IMO in this context.

"Quite so."

Antoninus Twink

Probably because the OP is perceived as a troll.

Sock puppet, more like.
Don't you think your little war with Mr Heathfield is getting out of hand?

It seems to have calmed a bit since Heathfield's sock puppet's thread on
"the Jacob problem" last fall met with an unfavorable reaction here -
the irony is that if he hadn't been so cowardly and had posted in his
own name, then he'd have probably carried all his cronies and lackies
along with him.

But of course, Heathfield's personal vendetta against Jacob is far from
over - he just seems to have moved to attrition tactics, rather than
full-frontal assault: a continual barrage of snide remarks to eat away
at Jacob's credibility little by little. And then people wonder why
Jacob gets upset and defends himself!
I think you two should killfile each other and leave the rest of the
group in piece before it is irrecoverably damaged.

It's a bit late for that - the group is clearly already irrecoverably
damaged. It's already just a venue for The Clique to show off to each
other, and I suppose as time goes by, the old farts like Falconer will
die off, and maybe some of the others will finally get sick of proving
to the world that they know the return type of main() and give if up to
a slow death.