Declared global variable isn't being seen by main.

Default User

santosh said:
CBFalconer wrote:

[...] Google is just another newsreader,
with serious faults, attached to the Usenet system.

Google Groups is a newsreader as well as a news server. It also
archives most of Usenet's text groups.

And doesn't do any of that very well.

Brian

santosh

Default said:
santosh said:
CBFalconer wrote:

[...] Google is just another newsreader,
with serious faults, attached to the Usenet system.

Google Groups is a newsreader as well as a news server. It also
archives most of Usenet's text groups.

And doesn't do any of that very well.

I agree about the front-end and I don't have the knowledge or
qualifications to judge the server part, but can you tell me if there
any other even better Usenet archivers?

santosh said:
santosh said:
CBFalconer wrote:

<snip>

[...] Google is just another newsreader,
with serious faults, attached to the Usenet system.

Google Groups is a newsreader as well as a news server. It also
archives most of Usenet's text groups.

And doesn't do any of that very well.

I agree about the front-end and I don't have the knowledge or
qualifications to judge the server part, but can you tell me if there
any other even better Usenet archivers?

You seem to have confused "doesn't do something well" with "doesn't do
something as well as others". There are no other archives as complete
as Google's that I'm aware of. However, their archive is not only not
complete, it's been losing messages that previously were in the
archive. Not only that, its search mechanism has by turns been between
so-so and awful.

Brian