defining, raising and catching exceptions

Chris Hare

I have a block of test code, where I am trying to raise and catch my own user defined exception

class NetActiveError(RuntimeError):
def __init__(self,error):
self.args = error

def a():
try:
fh = open("me.txt", "r")
except Exception as (errno, errText):
print errText
try:
b()
except NetActiveError as (errono, errText):
print errno, errText

def b():
print "def b"
raise NetActiveError,"net already running"

a()

When I run it though, I get the following error:

chare$ python z
No such file or directory
def b
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "z", line 20, in <module>
a()
File "z", line 12, in a
except NetActiveError as (errono, errText):
ValueError: too many values to unpack

What am I doing wrong here?