delta cycle?? (delta delay)

Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I have a basic question regarding the delta cycle. It has really got on to my head now. I hope some one could help me out with this.

It was described in a post that a
1. delta cycle = evaluation phase+update phase.
2. and i have read that a signal gets updated only after one delta cycle delay.
i.e if a process has a stmt a=1;(im using systemc) and deltacount =0, it should be updated in the next cycle.
3. but from a post, if stmt a=1 gets evaluated in the present deltacycle, and gets updated in the update phase(which is also in the same deltacycle, as it was told that delta cycle = evaluation phase+update phase.)

it would be great if some one explains me where ive got it wrong.

thanx a lot in advance,

srikanth.