Deploying .net 1.1 on Windows Vista

Jason Huang

Hi,

Our application is coding using the C#.Net 1.1, I am wondering how to deploy
our C#.Net 1.1 application on the Windows Vista OS.
Thanks for help.

Jason

Kevin Spencer

Make sure the web site has ASP.Net 1.1 configured to run on it. This is done
via the IIS configuration tools.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

http://www.miradyne.net

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Install/Deployment packaging:
I see a couple of options. One is to bootstrap the 1.1 Framework. This makes
the install rather large, by comparison, but should work.

The other is to download the 2.0 Framework and command line compile there,
so it is 2.0. Then, there is no bootstrapping.

Just put on a Vista box:
Install the 1.1 framework or run the website in 2.0. There are very few
breaking changes from 1.1 to 2.0. Make sure you test the site thoroughly,
however, on a test box.