ASP Problem on Vista Business

Wilson Ten

I put my simple hello world asp file into my new Windows Vista with IIS 6.0,
i got the following error:

HTTP/1.1 New Application Failed

My asp code is as follow:

<%
Response.Write "Hello welcome"
%>

I searched yahoo, google, microsoft but could not get solution. It worked
when i first installed my Vista Business, but after i installed the Visual
Studio .Net Express and VB.Net Express, it failed.

Would appreciate if anyone can advise.

Many thanks

Mark Fitzpatrick

After you installed IIS 7, make sure you enable the various features for it
using the Windows component install (under the Control Panel | Programs and
Features). One of the features is classic Active Server Pages. For security
purposes, just like Win 2003 and 2008 servers, the server side scripting
features are turned off by default and you can enable the ones you want,
such as ASP, ASP.Net, CGI, etc.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression