WINDOWS VISTA AND .NET

Morys

I am trying to install .NET and when I start the installation I get a
message stating that I need Front Page Extensions.

I am using windows vista business version.

Where can I get these extensions? Do I really need them for windows
vista?

Thank you in advance.

Rick Strahl [MVP]

You don't really need them. The FrontPage Extensions don't exist for Vista,
so you can't run them.

I suppose you're running VS 2003, right? Although it will prompt for the
FrontPage extensions you can actually get a project to open in VS 2003
without it just by pointing at the Web site like normal.

+++ Rick ---

Kevin Spencer

If you're using Windows Vista, the .Net platform is already installed.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Printing Components, Email Components,
Networking Components, Controls, much more.
http://www.miradyne.net

Mark Rae

I am trying to install .NET and when I start the installation I get a
message stating that I need Front Page Extensions.

By .NET, I presume you mean Visual Studio.NET, as the .NET Framework is
already part of Vista...

The only version of Visual Studio.NET which is supported on Vista is 2005 +
SP1 + the SP1 Vista update:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2d-3ad1-4873-a2ee-4acc0aace5b6&displaylang=en

No other version of Visual Studio.NET is supported at all, though they may
work if you're lucky:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa948854.aspx

ThunderMusic

easy one... I got the exact same behavior... start your VS with
administrative rights and it will be resolved... ;) take your shortcut,
right-click, then properties, then click advanced, then "Run as
administrator", then you're done... you can also do it directly on
devenv.exe, for a .exe, it's in the compatibility tab of the properties...

I hope it helps

ThunderMusic

Morys

Do I need the Enterprise Version of Windows Vista to install .NET 1.1?
Currently I have the business version and (a)It does not let me
install the Web Development server component and (b) It does not let
me continue with the installation unless I install the Front Page
Extensions.

Any suggestions?

Morys

easy one... I got the exact same behavior... start your VS with
administrative rights and it will be resolved... ;) take your shortcut,
right-click, then properties, then click advanced, then "Run as
administrator", then you're done... you can also do it directly on
devenv.exe, for a .exe, it's in the compatibility tab of the properties...

I hope it helps

ThunderMusic

Why it does not let me install the web development portion of Visual
Studio? It's asking for the Front Page Extensions.