Deploying

Tumurbaatar S.

I'm going to move my ASP.NET app to a target machine.
What files do I need to move? All aspx, dll (in bin folder) and web.config?
What about Global.asax? Currently, it contains only Codebehind and Inherits
directives, nothing more. Also, cs, resx and etc files are not needed on the
server?

Grant Merwitz

All you should need are (barring i forgot anything):

.aspx
.ascx
.asax
.config's
.dll's
(and all html files, images files, javascript files, - anything that
processes client side)

So basicly, you don't need:
.cs
.resx
.sln/csproj etc

Guest

Dear Tumurbaatar,

the best way of deployment will be, create an deployment project it will
provide you an .msi.

once you get the .msi you run on the target machine.

-- Vijay Pote

Tumurbaatar S.

Yes, I've created a such project in VS.NET.
Though it automatically creates "bin" sub-folder
and configures some IIS permissions, I have to add files
manually. After adding files I run Build and it outputs MSI.
Or there is another way/wizard like telling what ASP.NET
project I want to deploy and it automatically collects
needed files and creates MSI?

"Vijay Pote (MCP, MCAD, MCSD-In Dot Net)"