Deploying .dll files

Mark

When you deploy .NET 2.0 web applications, you don't have to deploy
pre-compiled .dll files anymore. You deploy ALL the files (.aspx, .aspx.cs,
etc) and they are compiled the first time they are run. In fact, if you
want it to be pre-compiled you have to jump through several hoops in order
to avoid deploying the .aspx.cs files, for example.

Question: Let's say your web app references several .dlls provided by
another team or a 3rd party. I'm assuming no special work is required to
take the 2.0 .dll they have provided, toss it in a bin folder using xcopy,
and then deploy your web application that references this .dll - correct?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Karl Seguin

assembly loading happens outside of how web apps are deployed. All
assemblies in the /bin folder are loaded into the appdomains, ur assumption
is correct.

Karl