Deployment

Jerry Spence1

Hi - I'm a beginner at Internet programs. I have just developed my first
ASP.Net program which runs fine on my IIS installation. I copied the files
from the two directories to my webspace on my ISP and when I run it I just
get a blank screen. No controls load. No error messages or anything.

Have I been wasting my time? Does my ISP have to have a Windows server and
know something about the dotnet framework? I can find very little
information on this.

Thanks

-Jerry

Eliyahu Goldin

Jerry,

An asp.net application runs under asp.net. You need to have an ISP with
asp.net support.

Eliyahu

Jerry Spence1

Thanks - not the answer I wanted, but at least I know. I think the easiest
thing is to host it on my own server running IIS and make that available to
others.

- Jerry

Dimitri Glazkov

Jerry,

He did answer your question, just in an abbreviated fashion.

Yes, your ISP has to run Windows and have dotNet framework installed on the
server (ASP.NET is part of the framework).

To find a provider that offers ASP.NET hosting, go to http://asp.net and
click on "Resources" tab.

:DG<