design time support for collections

Pieter

Hi,

I have a servercontrol that contains a list of buttons. What I would like to
do is to create property on my WebControl where I can edit the buttons
(create, delete, set the order, set the name of each button, backgroundcolor
of each button). What is working is that the property is visible and it
contains the value "collection"

The problem is when i click to manipulate the collection i get the "Object
Collection Editor" where it is only possible to edit system objects and not
my buttons.

Anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Pieter

lisa

The default collection editor will only work if there is an Item
property called Item in the collection. Also, the collection has to
implement IList. If you're inheriting from CollectionBase, that's
already included. If you're inheriting from ControlCollection, you
need to make sure you do the implementation yourself.

Could you post the code for your collection class and for the
collection's property in the main control?

Lisa