Designer Support: How to have user control's properties appear in IDE's properties window?

Max2006

Hi,

I have a user control with a public property like this:

public string Text
{
get { return cboCountry.Text; }
set { cboCountry.Text = value; }
}

How can I have my user control's Text property appear in IDE's properties
window?

Any help would be appreciated,
Max

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Max,

If you use the User Control on a Web Form, when it's selected, the
properties window should show the "Text" property correctly. I verified
this using your code and it's working as expected.

Please note though this property will not show when you're working on the
User Control's designer itself.

Would you please tell me more about the issue? This should be a by default
behavior. If necessary, you can create a reproducible project and send it
to me for further troubleshooting. Thank you.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Max2006

You are correct. All I had to do was close all pages and re-open them in the
IDE.
Sorry about the confiuseion

Regards,
Max