Detailsview empty dataset insert

Justin Rich

My details view is in insert mode and my dataset is empty but the details
view doesnt show..

not sure how to toss this at MS but i think they should code that if its in
insert mode the empty dataset doesnt make it invisible..

Ad

Brock Allen

You can provide a <EmptyDataTemplate> for when the DetailsView has nothing
to show.

Ad

Justin Rich

yes but doesn't that mean I still have to code all the insert stuff? sort of
defeats the purpose of the "codeless" idea MS has for this don't you think?

also how would I go about coding this? do I have to go as far as creating a
text box for the fields and doing the insert manually with a
dataset/connection? or is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Thanks
Justin

Top