detect current timezone set by kde

Pradnyesh Sawant

Hello,
can someone please tell me how can I programatically detect the timezone
information that has been set through kde?

basically, I have a small pyqt4 app which shows the current time. however
it shows me my system time (dunno where that is stored; basically it shows
me time in IST). however, I'm right now in hk and would like the app to
show me time in my current timezone (hong kong). Any guidelines how may I
go about doing this?

thanks a lot in advance :)
--
warm regards,