    I have years of experience with ruby but only brief experience with javascript. I am also concerned with javascript that my source appears in the web page, which is something I would like to avoid.
    If you have examples of a web page with similar requirements I would be very appreciative.
    Also, JRuby could be an option but I have not considered due to its size.

    ggarra13, Dec 29, 2013

  2. Is this game supposed to be run in a web browser? Does it have to be
    multi platform? If so that basically limits your choices with regard to
    language drastically. You could use HTML + JavaScript, Java Applet (or
    Web Start) or something .Net - but that is not very portable.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Dec 30, 2013

  3. ggarra13

    ggarra13 Guest

    Yes, it must run on the web browser. It should be similar to worldofcardgames.com.

    ggarra13, Dec 30, 2013
  4. In terms of scalability it *may* be reasonable to implement a lot in
    clients (i.e. JavaScript running in the browser) and only issue REST
    requests with JSON documents as data exchange. Then it barely matters
    what you use server side - all named platforms have sufficient support
    for REST and JSON.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Dec 30, 2013