Device Specific filter not working.

Guest

Hi

I am developing a mobile web VB asp.net application in VS 2005. The forms
are mobile web forms. I have a mobile web configuration page (web.config).
In one of my forms I have a DeviceSpecific control so that I can choose to
use an asp:TextBox when PocketIE is detected, otherwise I want to use a
mobile:TextView control.

Here is a snippet of my asp code:

<mobile:panel ID="pnlReport" Runat="server" Font-Name="Arial"
Font-Size="Small" Paginate="True">
<mobile:DeviceSpecific id="DeviceSpecificEdit" runat="server">
<Choice Filter="isPocketIE">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:TextBox id="txtReport" runat="server"
TextMode="MultiLine" Rows="5" Wrapping="Wrap"/>
</ContentTemplate>
</Choice>
<Choice>
<ContentTemplate>
<mobile:TextView ID="txtReport" Runat="server"
Wrapping="Wrap">
</mobile:TextView>
</ContentTemplate>
</Choice>
</mobile:DeviceSpecific>
</mobile:panel>

Unfortunately the Device Specific filter never works on the Pocket PC 2003
SE Emulator that ships with VS2005. The asp.net code always runs the default
choice. I have discovered that the Internet explorer on Pocket PC seems to
return a MobileCapabilities browser type of "MSIE".

I have looked everywhere for examples and cannot see anything I have done
wrong. How do I ensure that PocketPc 2003 will run the "isPocketIE" device
code and not always choose the default choice?

I should note that my web.config file contains amongst it's device filters:
<filter name="isPocketIE" compare="Browser" argument="Pocket IE" />

Has anyone come across this before and discovered what to do. Any help would
be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards
Justin.