dynamic device specific script

ashelley

I have this in my aspx page:

--------------
<mobile:DeviceSpecific id=DeviceSpecific1 Runat="server">
<Choice Filter="isHTML32">
<contenttemplate>
<%# ((string)Session["clientScript"]) %>
</contenttemplate>
</Choice>
</mobile:DeviceSpecific>
--------------

I have this in my code behind in formload:

--------------
Session["clientScript"] = "<Script for=\"window\" event=\"onload\"
language=\"jscript\">window.Form1.txtJump.focus();</Script>";
--------------

But the client script is never added to the page. My goal is to be
able to dynamically control which control gets focus when the page is
redrawn. The following works:

--------------
<mobile:DeviceSpecific id="DeviceSpecific1" Runat="server">
<Choice Filter="isHTML32">
<contenttemplate>
<Script for="window" event="onload"
language="jscript">
window.Form1.txtJump.focus();
</Script>
</contenttemplate>
</Choice>
</mobile:DeviceSpecific>

ashelley

Anyone have any suggestions? Any insight is appreciated.

as a hack i created multiple devicespecific controls and toggle them
visible as needed. This was a less than optimal system but it works.

I would have liked the flexibility to dynamically generate the
scripts.

-Adam

Conor O'Doherty

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you Adam

I'm only 3 days into my very first web app, and my first requirement is to
set focus to my testbox.
Could I have possibly asked for a tougher task.
Finally, after trying all the samples & posts to set focus none of which
worked for me execpt yours.
I have seen other posts which used the same code but put the script in the
<FooterTemplate> tag which didn't work for me even though others swear by
it, changing to <Contexttemplate> tag finally set the focus.

So Adam again Thank you :)

Best Regards
Conor