Difference B/w JRE or JDK

manoj

Hello to all,

I am using Redhat 9.0 and I have JRE-1.5.0.bin and I installed it on my
system, and at my start menu + programs option+ java web services
program.

My question is: I am capable to run and execure simple java programs on
my system or not.

I not have tomcat on my system, i am able to run java web based
application or not.

Thanks
manoj

ramakrishna

Hi Manoj,
Difference B/w JRE or JDK :
As for as i know JRE is Runtime environment. i.e JRE = JVM + API
JDK is the java devolopement kit. It has some tools and other
related files to run the java in JRE

Only with jre, u con't compile the java files.

I think with out web webserver, u can't run web based application.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramakrishna

Rhino

manoj said:
Hello to all,

I am using Redhat 9.0 and I have JRE-1.5.0.bin and I installed it on my
system, and at my start menu + programs option+ java web services
program.

My question is: I am capable to run and execure simple java programs on
my system or not.

I not have tomcat on my system, i am able to run java web based
application or not.
Basically, the JRE is the Java Runtime Environment and, if you have it, you
will be able to run Java programs but not develop them since the JRE does
not include the Java development tools like the Java compiler. The JDK
includes everything from the JRE _plus_ the development tools so you want
the JDK if you plan to develop Java code but only need the JRE to execute
code.