Diff. the JRE INSIDE the jdk folder and JRE OUTSIDE the JDK folder?

Jochen Brenzlinger

When I install a new J2SE version then there are 3 java runtimes:

1.) C:\Program files\Java\jdk\bin\java.exe

2.) C:\Program files\Java\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe

3.) C:\Program files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

Ok, the difference between the first and the second java.exe is that the first is WITH included debugging info compiled
and the second not. But what is the difference between the second and the third java.exe?

Jochen

Jeff Higgins

When I install a new J2SE version then there are 3 java runtimes:

1.) C:\Program files\Java\jdk\bin\java.exe

2.) C:\Program files\Java\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe

3.) C:\Program files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

Ok, the difference between the first and the second java.exe is that the first is WITH included debugging info compiled
and the second not. But what is the difference between the second and the third java.exe?

Jochen
I suspect the installer and installation path.

Jeff Higgins

I suspect the installer and installation path.

$ cmp --verbose --print-bytes C:\Program files\Java\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe
C:\Program files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

Roedy Green

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javaexe.html
--