Missing Java Control Panel in START menu->Control Panel: Diff javacpl.cpl and javacpl.exe?

Robin Wenger

After having updated an existing 32bit J2SE installation (under 64bit Win7) by executing jdk-6u26-windows-i586.exe
I miss the Java Control Panel in START menu Control Panel.

What is the reason?

How can I tell Java to offer/re-install such a menu entry?

As far as I know I can manually call the Control Panel by clicking on one of the two files

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdkv1.6\jre\bin\javacpl.exe
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdkv1.6\jre\bin\javacpl.cpl

These seem to be only for JRE. What is the equivalent for JDK part?
Is there any for the JDK part at all or only for JRE?

What is the difference between javacpl.cpl and javacpl.exe?

Robin