How to officially set environment variables JAVA_HOME and PATH for J2SE vs JRE ?

Gianni Galore

Assume I have installed J2SE and a separate JRE.

How do I have to set officially the environment variables JAVA_HOME and which folder should
be put in PATH ?

Should I enter

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\J2SEv1.6
or
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6

What about the PATH:

PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\J2SEv1.6\bin;......

or

PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;.....

or

PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\J2SEv1.6\jre\bin;.....

Gianni

Joined
Dec 24, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
i would have like to set it in this way

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\J2SEv1.6
PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin