Difference between SoapDocumentMethod(OneWay=true)] and OneWay Att

John Bailey

Does anyone know what the difference between the
SoapDocumentMethod(OneWay=true)] and the [OneWay] attribute? According to
the documentation, both seem to specifiy that a web service method is one way
only and does not return any data (a void method essentially).

Could someone please outline the difference between the two? Most of the
documentation I've seen states to use SoapDocumentMethod(OneWay=true)] when
implementing one way methods, but it seems like the OneWay attribute would be
more intuitive (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...emotingmessagingonewayattributeclasstopic.asp).

Thanks

Mariano Omar Rodriguez

The difference is that the OneWayAttribute works for remoting whereas
SoapDocumentMethod(OneWay=true)] works for Web Services.

John Bailey

And if you have a remoting object hosted in IIS that uses the SOAP formater?
Web services are essentially a specific application of remoting; I'm
surprised that there is such a difference.

John Bailey said:
Does anyone know what the difference between the
SoapDocumentMethod(OneWay=true)] and the [OneWay] attribute? According to
the documentation, both seem to specifiy that a web service method is one
way
only and does not return any data (a void method essentially).

Could someone please outline the difference between the two? Most of the
documentation I've seen states to use SoapDocumentMethod(OneWay=true)]
when
implementing one way methods, but it seems like the OneWay attribute would
be
more intuitive (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...emotingmessagingonewayattributeclasstopic.asp).

Thanks

John Bailey

Oh, and thanks clearing it up! I appreciate it.