Difficulties with binding to functions for semantic actions in agrammar

Markus Elfring

Hello,

I stumble on another challenge during the software development of a small
application which I derive from the Spirit tutorial on my openSUSE system.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31489573

I observe that a source file is accepted by my compilers in one build
configuration. But error messages are displayed if I switch to the build
configuration where the relevant source code is directly included by header
files. Would you like to share any ideas on approaches to resolve this issue?

https://github.com/elfring/boot_par...8cb02126066252e898b12bf9/boost/CMakeLists.txt

Regards,
Markus

Alf P. Steinbach

I stumble on another challenge during the software development of a small
application which I derive from the Spirit tutorial on my openSUSE system.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31489573

I observe that a source file is accepted by my compilers in one build
configuration. But error messages are displayed if I switch to the build
configuration where the relevant source code is directly included by header
files. Would you like to share any ideas on approaches to resolve this issue?

https://github.com/elfring/boot_par...8cb02126066252e898b12bf9/boost/CMakeLists.txt

This is Frequently Asked Question (FAQ).

See <url: http://tinyurl.com/cppfaq-5-8>.

It's often a good idea to read the FAQ before posting. :)

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf

Markus Elfring

It's often a good idea to read the FAQ before posting. :)

Would you like to look at concrete difficulties with the mentioned Boost
Spirit/Phoenix template function "bind"?

Regards,
Markus

Öö Tiib

Would you like to look at concrete difficulties with the mentioned Boost
Spirit/Phoenix template function "bind"?

What difficulties? Somewhere in that text you posted to boost group I
saw compiler telling you "no matching function for call to
‘bind(<unresolved overloaded function type>" etc.

That usually means you have overloads somewhere like:

int markus(char*);
float markus(std::string const&);

And then you have call of bind somewhere:

bind(&markus, "noob shit");

Compiler is not psychic and it can't know what is '&markus' if you have
several overloads named 'markus'. So it complains about "unresolved
overload" or something like that.

Anyway if you could not cut it down to post-able size despite people in
2 groups told you then C++ (and likely software development in general)
is probably not for you.