Disconnect instantiation during Simulation

Shanmugavel D

Dear All,

In my test bench, I have written my test cases as packages, Some of my
test cases requires three instantiation of DUT, some test cases
requires only one DUT and some requires two.

Since am using three RTLs Simulation taking more time.

I am not able to vary the n.o. of instantiation by using "generate",
because after the instantiation only test cases are called.

Is there any way to disconnect the Instantion during simulation?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Shanmugavel D

Andy

Dear All,

In my test bench, I have written my test cases as packages, Some of my
test cases requires three instantiation of DUT, some test cases
requires only one DUT and some requires two.

Since am using three RTLs Simulation taking more time.

I am not able to vary the n.o. of instantiation by using "generate",
because after the instantiation only test cases are called.

Is there any way to disconnect the Instantion during simulation?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Shanmugavel D

The test bench that calls the test cases should be able to set the
value of a constant that can drive a generate statement to instantiate
the correct number of DUTs. Otherwise, top level generics can be set
by command line options on most tools. Such a generic could be passed
down to the appropriate level to drive a generate statement that
instantiates the correct number of DUTs.

Andy