    items (multiple selection is allowed) at the top of the listboxes? I am using
    datasource to bind the data to the listboxes.
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!

    Guest, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Untested, but this should be the right direction:

    For Each Thing as ListItem In ListOfThings.Items
    If Thing.Selected Then
    ListOfThings.Items.Insert(0, Thing)
    End If
    Next

    Note that databinding and postbacks may affect how this is executed, so pay
    attention to your page events. Also I'm not 100% sure offhand whether this
    will create a new ListItem object and leave the other behind, or if it will
    rearrange like you need (I think it will rearrange it).

    Elliot Rodriguez, Mar 9, 2006

    Guest Guest

    'find the selected item in the second List
    Dim LItem As ListItem = secondList.Items.FindByValue(ID)
    If LItem Is Nothing Then
    'add it at the very top
    secondList.Items.Insert(0, New ListItem(LItem.Value, LItem.Text))
    'remove the found item
    secondList.Items.Remove(LItem)
    End If

    Guest, Mar 9, 2006