displaying xml data on an html page?

mr_burns

hi,

i have found an xml source intended for supplying news titles to web
sites. the url is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/technology/rss091.xml

i would like to use the data contained within xml page and place it on
a html page.

unfortunately, i havent used a great deal of xml and dont know how to
place this in a web page. some of the things i have used are the
'unofficial' xml tag and xsl, but to no great extent. i have read that
you can use javascript to place xml data on a web page. im not asking
anybody to tell me the code but what is the BEST method for what im
tryin to do and what should i go and learn. thanks

burnsy

Martin Honnen

mr_burns wrote:

i have found an xml source intended for supplying news titles to web
sites. the url is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/technology/rss091.xml

i would like to use the data contained within xml page and place it on
a html page.

unfortunately, i havent used a great deal of xml and dont know how to
place this in a web page. some of the things i have used are the
'unofficial' xml tag and xsl, but to no great extent. i have read that
you can use javascript to place xml data on a web page. im not asking
anybody to tell me the code but what is the BEST method for what im
tryin to do and what should i go and learn.

Check what server-side scripting/programming your hoster provides (e.g.
PHP or ASP or Perl or JSP or something else), then learn how to parse
XML with the provided language and choose a technique of your choice
(perhaps XSLT) to transform the XML to the HTML of your choice.