Dnd from desktop to Java application

Prakash

Hi,

I am developing an application which accepts files being dropped from
the desktop or windows explorer.
When a file is dropped, the application pops-up a modal dialog.
The issue is that as long as this dialog is displayed, the desktop (or
windows explorer from which the file was dragged) does not respond.
A workaround is to use the invokelater mechanism but this affects the
source code flow, requiring all the code that runs after the modal
dialog is closed to be moved to some other function that will be
invoked on the close of modal dialog.

Regards,

Prakash

GArlington

Hi,

I am developing an application which accepts files being dropped from
the desktop or windows explorer.
When a file is dropped, the application pops-up a modal dialog.
The issue is that as long as this dialog is displayed, the desktop (or
windows explorer from which the file was dragged) does not respond.
A workaround is to use the invokelater mechanism but this affects the
source code flow, requiring all the code that runs after the modal
dialog is closed to be moved to some other function that will be
invoked on the close of modal dialog.

Regards,

Prakash

Well that is the intention and the way "modal" dialog box was
designed...
Try to use std dialog box instead...