Does anyone have an activate script for portable python?

Gelonida N

Hi,

In Pythons installed with virtualenv there is on windows an activate.bat
script, that can be used to setup the cmd-shell such, that the search
path for python and pythor elated tools (pip / easy_install) is setup
properly.

Further there is the deactivate script to set the environment back to
it's state before calling activate.

Do such a scripts also exist for Portable python?

If anybody wrote already such scripts, then couldn't they be added to
the official portable python release?

I never used portable python so far but can't imagine, that I'm the only
one who'd like such a script.

alex23

In Pythons installed with virtualenv there is on windows an activate.bat
script, that can be used to setup the cmd-shell such, that the search
path for python and pythor elated tools (pip / easy_install) is setup
properly.
Do such a scripts also exist for Portable python?

Portable Python is just Python with some helper scripts for not
requiring a system installation.

So "command-line-command-to-run-portable-python virtualenv <venv-
name>" should be all you need.

Gelonida N

Portable Python is just Python with some helper scripts for not
requiring a system installation.

So "command-line-command-to-run-portable-python virtualenv <venv-
name>" should be all you need.
Hmm I guess I didn't express myself very well.

The idea is to easily create a cmd window, that the path is setup in
order to point to portably python by default.

At a first glance at Portable Python it seemed to me, that this doesn't
exist.

Having a small icon to click at, that opens a cmd window with the right
setup or just a .bat file, that could be called to adapt the setup of an
existing cmd window.

It's not too difficult to write such scipts, but I though it would be
interesting to see whether I'm the only one missing such feature in
portable Python.