Does java work on WinXpPro?

George

I am trying to install java on my winXpPro but i cant do it. I keep
running the setup files but it doesnt work. the browser ignores all
the java applets and its like they are not even there. On the java.com
page it says java is installed succesfully on my comuter. Do i have to
do anything different or it wont work on winxppro??

George

It says "First, make sure your browser's options ('Tools - Internet
Options - Advanced on MSIE) has the Sun Java 2 Plugin Selected and the
Microsoft VM deselected. If this was not set properly, you will have
to reboot. "
I have no Microsoft VM options there. Why?

and then.... "Make certain the 'Enable Java Plugin' option is
checked.". I dont have that either! There are just the java console 3
options without the enable checkbox.

George

Anyone please?

It says "First, make sure your browser's options ('Tools - Internet
Options - Advanced on MSIE) has the Sun Java 2 Plugin Selected and the
Microsoft VM deselected. If this was not set properly, you will have
to reboot. "
I have no Microsoft VM options there. Why?

and then.... "Make certain the 'Enable Java Plugin' option is
checked.". I dont have that either! There are just the java console 3
options without the enable checkbox.

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

It says "First, make sure your browser's options ('Tools - Internet
Options - Advanced on MSIE) has the Sun Java 2 Plugin Selected and the
Microsoft VM deselected. If this was not set properly, you will have
to reboot. "
I have no Microsoft VM options there. Why?

There is an option for it in Advanced options under the heading "Java
(Sun)" after you install the Sun runtime.
then.... "Make certain the 'Enable Java Plugin' option is
checked.". I dont have that either!

That option is not in the IE options but in the control panel called
"Java plugin".