Does MIDP 1.0 support font like windows font????

teddykim

I am doing a school project, but I don't know does midp 1.0 support
other font like windows.
Please help.

Roedy Green

I suspect that MIDP devices handle their limited fonts in
hardware/firmware.

Fonts are ram gobblers. That is probably why you don't see
downloadable fonts as a feature in MIDP.

You don't even see continuously variable fonts.

Darryl L. Pierce

teddykim said:
I am doing a school project, but I don't know does midp 1.0 support
other font like windows.
Please help.

It only supports those fonts already on the device. And, if you look at the
Javadocs for javax.microedition.lcdui.Font you'll see that you can only
refer to those specific by the MIDP itself; i.e., system, proportional,
etc.

teddykim

I found a J2ME polish that allow us to defind a file css. By this
notion, I think maybe we can change it.

Steven J Sobol

teddykim said:
I found a J2ME polish that allow us to defind a file css. By this
notion, I think maybe we can change it.

Have you actually read the MIDP spec?