Does RETURN_VALUE always result in an empty stack?

dwhall

I'm developing PyMite and would like to know a little detail about
Python 2.5's design. Is it true that when the RETURN_VALUE executes
and pops its argument, that at that point the stack should *always* be
empty? I mean just the argument stack for that execution frame. I
want to use this knowledge to test if PyMite is working properly.

thanks,

!!Dean