Dos cursor and input management.

Sean Murphy

Hi all.

I am after a module that manages keyboard input. I am aware of raw_input for python 2.x and input for 3.x. They don't quite achieve what I want.

I want to except a single key without printing it to the screen and then the key would perform an action. Sudo code:

print line of text
wait for key press
If key press equals delete line.
Delete list element.
else if key press equals edit
display line for interactive edit.
else
move to next line

The module must work under dos for now. Eventually Mac.

Sean

Denis McMahon

The module must work under dos for now. Eventually Mac.

Do you mean a windows command line terminal window, or some *nix shell?

As far as I know, dos as an operating system hasn't been around since
version 6.22 or thereabouts, although I believe ms windows provides a dos
shell like interface on top of the windows os. I'm not aware that any
version of python is supported on dos, but I may be wrong, there may be
some 15 year old hardware running dos somewhere that also has a working
python install.

I associate dos with machines of the pre-pentium era, although I suspect
that might not be quite accurate either.

Sean Murphy

Dennis,

Loose terminology. The Command terminal within windows which the app will be executed in. Not native DOS.