Downloading multiple files from Server

Guest

I am using ASP.NET and i wish to push down
3 files (text/xml) from the server to the client. I wish to
give the user an option to select the folder in which
we wants these files to be dumped. Any idea how
can I download these files onto the client in one go?

Thanks
~GOpal

Patrice

As a single ZIP file ? (could worth to see what happens if the content type
is gz, it seems I saw once it decompressed automatically the file)
Perhaps using a message layout format ?

In all of those cases, you actually send a single file that embeds these
files. Let us know if you find another solution.... (we'll have likely the
same requirements in one of your upcoming applications but I didn't find
better for now).

Patrice

William F. Robertson, Jr.

This is not possible as you can only send one item per request: html, file,
or image, but only one. There might be some active X controls that will
help you with this, but nothing that comes to mind.

I like the solution of zipping the three files.

bill