downloading webservice files failed

Frank S.

Hello,

i tried to access a web service on a remote server from
VS.net using "Add Web Reference". The service was found
but "Downloading webservice files" failed without error
message. In the online help i found :

The .NET Framework does not auto-detect proxy servers. If
you are developing a Web application on a machine that is
behind a firewall, and your application will consume Web
services found outside of the firewall, you must include
the address and port of your network's proxy server in the
URL.

I assume that is the reason for the problem, because I'm
behind a firewall. Can anyone give me an example how to
include the proxy server's address and port in the web
service URL.

Thanks in advance
Frank