dropdown list displays on top of div tags

Shawn K

I have a dynamic html site navigation control in a website I am developing.
On pages where there are dropdownlist controls, the dropdownlist will render
on top of the dynamic html navigation. This ends up hiding the navigation in
that spot. This also only happens in Internet Explorer. I have tried
changing the stacking order of the div tags through css but that has not
helped and I can not seem to find a solution to this problem on the net. Any
help would be appreciated.

Robert Koritnik

DropDownList is not actually rendered by IE, but by the System. That's why
IE renders all controls and at the end it tells the system to render
someother controls (like DDL). That's why they are rendered on top regardles
of CSS positioning (z-order, z-index). What can you do?

I'm always in some idea to create my own custom control that would render as
DDL, but would be done entirely with DHTML + CSS. But haven't actually
started to develop it. But I think there should be some of like-this
controls on the net to use instead.

It's nasty. Yeah I agree. There is also some functionality that "tops" ddls.
IFRAMEs. Check the MSDN for their usage and if they can be of any help to
you and your problem.