DropdownList autopostback in usercontrol not working for ASP.NET 1

Guest

I have a usercontrol that has the dropdownlist which has Autopostback set to
true. The selectedindex changed event is not getting fired from IE if the
production webserver has ASP.NET 1.1.4322.573 (without SP1). The same code
works fine on Navigator and FireFox browsers hitting the same production
server.

Also, the same code works on all browsers with the dev webserver that has
ASP.NET 1.1 SP1 (1.1.4322.2032) installed.

On the first server, Could it be not working on IE because of the missing
SP1 ? Or could it be some other issue?

I need to do this analysis because the IT team that manages the production
server needs a detailed analysis of any updates to production.

regards
srividhya

Grant Merwitz

You might need to install/reinstall the client side files

go into you Visual Studio cmd prompt and run

aspnet_regiis -c

This will install the client side files into all virtual directories in IIS

HTH

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

You can try re-installing the script but at the same time are you
passing the right handles to fire in your DropDownList?
..
Patrick

Guest

I will definitely try reinstalling client side files.

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

sri.