Dumb question

Ty

I am just starting to work with ASP.net.

I am going through a book (for ASP.net 1.0) and it had me set up the
files ect and all was working fine until...

I downloaded a ASP.net example that created it's self and a virtural
directory ect. It then went to load it's default page and I got an
error that I needed to use ASP.net 2.0.

I did not check to see if I had 2.0 avaliable in the site properties
window I just decided to do a windows update which updated the .net
framework.

The question is when I set up the virtural directory from the book and
I went into the properties page and added ASPNET in the security tab
all was working fine.

Now since the above mentioned changes the only way I have been able to
get it to work is if I go into the properties of every folder in the
directory and add ASPNET to the security tab.

Why do I have to do that now where I only had to do it to the parent
folder before?

Thank Tyler