dynamic function parameters for **kwargs

bab mis

Hi ,
I have a function as below:

def func(**kwargs):

====
args="a='b',c='d'"

i want to call func(args) so that my function call will take a var as an parameter.

it fails with an error "typeError: fun() takes exactly 0 arguments (1 given)"

.. Is there any other way to get the same.

Rotwang

Hi ,
I have a function as below:

def func(**kwargs):

====
args="a='b',c='d'"

i want to call func(args) so that my function call will take a var as an parameter.
it fails with an error "typeError: fun() takes exactly 0 arguments (1 given)"
. Is there any other way to get the same.

It fails because args is a string and func(args) is passing a single
string as a positional argument to func, rather than passing the keyword
arguments a and c. Not sure if I've understood your question, but

args = {'a': 'b', 'c': 'd'}
# or equivalently args = dict(a='b', c='d')
func(**args)

will work. If you need args to be a string like the one in your post
then you could try

eval('func(%s)' % args)

or

func(**eval('dict(%s)' % args))

but that's only something that should be done if you trust the user who
will decide what args is (since malicious code passed to eval() can do
pretty much anything).