Dynamic Library or Static Library under Linux

gouqizi.lvcha

Hi, All:

I download a free C++ library form web and it has two forms : static
linked library which ended with .a and dynamic linked library which
ended with .so.

The system seems default to dynamic linked library. How can I use
static linked library?

Thanks,

Rick

Victor Bazarov

I download a free C++ library form web and it has two forms : static
linked library which ended with .a and dynamic linked library which
ended with .so.

The system seems default to dynamic linked library. How can I use
static linked library?

There is no C++ language question here. Please post your OS-specific
question to the OS newsgroup: comp.os.linux.development.apps

red floyd

Rolf said:
I can't see any reference to linux in the OP's posting.

You're right. He should post to comp.unix.programmer. ".a" and ".so"
are library suffixes in *NIX.

Rolf Magnus

Victor said:
There is no C++ language question here. Please post your OS-specific
question to the OS newsgroup: comp.os.linux.development.apps

I can't see any reference to linux in the OP's posting.

Rolf Magnus

Victor said:
The subject line doesn't give off enough glare?

Nope, it doesn't ;-)
As soon as I start reading the posting's contents, I forget the subject
line, which is sometimes a problem if half of the question - or some vital
information - is in the subject line. I just overlook it.

red floyd

Victor said:
[redacted]
The subject line doesn't give off enough glare?

Doh! Now I must be sentenced to go off into the wilderness of alt to do
penance! :)