Dynamiclly adding rows and cells in a table in .net 2.0

Discussion in '.NET' started by JMick, Mar 11, 2010.

  1. JMick

    JMick

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm new at programming in .net.
    I'm trying to dynamiclly adding rows and cells in a table.
    After searching the webb for examples and finally finding one at MSDN. I came up with this (non working) code:
    Code (Text):
    Dim tableStyle As New TableItemStyle()
            tableStyle.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
            tableStyle.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
            tableStyle.Width = 100%

            ' Create more rows for the table.
            Dim rowNum As Integer
            For rowNum = 3 To CInt(AntMaskor) / 2 + 2
                Dim tempRow As New TableRow()
                Dim cellNum As Integer
                For cellNum = 0 To 2
                    Dim tempCell As New TableCell()
                    tempCell.Text = String.Format("({0},{1})", rowNum, cellNum)
                    tempRow.Cells.Add(tempCell)
                Next
                TableDynamic.Rows.Add(tempRow)
            Next

            ' Apply the TableItemStyle to all rows in the table.
            Dim rw As TableRow
            For Each rw In TableDynamic.Rows
                Dim cel As TableCell
                For Each cel In rw.Cells
                    cel.ApplyStyle(tableStyle)
                Next
            Next

            ' Create a header for the table.
            Dim header As New TableHeaderCell()
            header.RowSpan = 1
            header.ColumnSpan = 1
            header.Text = "Mätn:"
            header.Font.Bold = True
            header.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Yellow
            header.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
            header.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle

            ' Add the header to a new row.
            Dim headerRow As New TableRow()
            headerRow.Cells.Add(header)

            header.ColumnSpan = 2
            header.Text = "Maskvidd"
            header.Font.Bold = True
            header.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Yellow
            header.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
            header.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
            headerRow.Cells.Add(header)

            header.ColumnSpan = 1
            header.Text = "Matn:"
            header.Font.Bold = True
            header.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Yellow
            header.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
            header.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
            headerRow.Cells.Add(header)

            header.ColumnSpan = 2
            header.Text = "Maskvidd"
            header.Font.Bold = True
            header.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Yellow
            header.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
            header.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
            headerRow.Cells.Add(header)

            header.ColumnSpan = 1
            header.Text = "Matn:"
            header.Font.Bold = True
            header.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Yellow
            header.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
            header.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
            headerRow.Cells.Add(header)

            header.ColumnSpan = 2
            header.Text = "Trad"
            header.Font.Bold = True
            header.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Yellow
            header.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
            header.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
            headerRow.Cells.Add(header)

            ' Add the header row to the table.
            TableDynamic.Rows.AddAt(0, headerRow)
    I'm working on the header cells right now, the rows and cells in the body are same as in the example in the link.

    The problem I have is that I only get one header column, but I want to have 8 columns in the table and 6 header columns.
    Is there any way to have 8 columns in the header or do I have to write the code as static code in the table server control?

    JMick, Mar 11, 2010