Eclipse Export and Import

Robert Mazur

How do folks work on Eclipse projects on two different machines? For
example, I am working on a project at work, and I would like to export
the project to import it on a different machine at home.

I can do the export/import. But I find that if I moved, for example,
some JPS's from one folder to another on the work machine, the result
is the JSPs are duplicated in their new place on the home machine
after import, rather than recognizing they are moved.

I could delete the whole project on the target machine before
importing, but then the Classpath Variables would be off.

How do people pull this off, short of dragging a laptop back and forth
and not changing machines?

Thanks,
Rob

Sudsy

Robert said:
How do folks work on Eclipse projects on two different machines? For
example, I am working on a project at work, and I would like to export
the project to import it on a different machine at home.
How do people pull this off, short of dragging a laptop back and forth
and not changing machines?

By using CVS. Just remember to merge changes back before shutting down.

Dale King

Hello, Sudsy !
You said:
By using CVS. Just remember to merge changes back before
shutting down.

Or some other version control system that both machines can
access. I would recommend Subversion over CVS. It takes a bit of
a paradigm shift from other version control systems, but is more
powerful than CVS and still open source. There is a plugin for
Eclipse called Subclipse.