eclipse tool builder help

Wizumwalt

Hey all,

I'm using eclipse and ... what does it mean when, after I run my build
method of an ant build script which is in the 'Ant' tab of my Java
perspective ... the results say ...

Errors running builder "Integrated External Tool Builder" on project
MyProject. The builder launch configuration could not be found.

I just then click on the ok button to get rid of it after my app builds
in eclipse and then click the run button to start it up.

If I right click on my project, go 'Build Path' -> 'Configure Build
Path' -> 'Builders', then I have the following listed ...

Java Builder (checked)
Invalid External Tool Builder (unchecked w/ red circled X icon)
MyProject builder (checked)

I get the same error no matter what order I put them in. Don't I
already have a launch builder configuration setup (MyProject builder)?
The launch configuration 'MyProject builder' looks ok to me.

Roedy Green

Java Builder (checked)
Invalid External Tool Builder (unchecked w/ red circled X icon)
MyProject builder (checked)

Does Eclipse use it own built-in ANT or do you have to install ant
separately first?

Wizumwalt

The 3.1 version of eclipse I have has Ant installed. And it builds my
project's fine when I double click on the 'build [default]' item in the
Ant tab of the Java perspective.