Embedded usage message, ascii terminal output, markup

Stephen Prather

Hi everybody--

I'm trying to do something I thought would be simple. I'm trying to do
what Perl's Pod::Usage can do. How do I embed a usage message and mark
up a word I want to be bold, such that when it renders to a
color/bold-capable ascii terminal, the word is actually in bold font?

I've tried using rdoc/usage with <b>tags</b>, but that renders like so:

*tags*

with surrounding asterisks instead of true bold font.

All documentation modules seem obsessed with html output. Has the good
'ol unix terminal been forgotten by ruby? I'm confused. What have I
missed?

Thanks,
--Myles